Heya, Nik here with another 3 free yet potentially life-changing book summaries for you!
This week on Youtube, we have one of the best (and most controversial) personal finance books of all time: Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki.
The book tells the story of Kiyosaki’s two dad’s in childhood, one his own, an academic, one a father of a friend, an entrepreneur. When it came to their financial habits, one was rich, and one was poor – and it showed in their bank accounts.
The book is controversial because Kiyosaki supposedly made up a lot of the story – but the story itself is fantastic, and I found the principles of how he thinks about money to be mostly sound. That’s why I’m very happy that this is one of our first titles on Youtube!
If you like the animations, subscribe and hit the bell for new videos every Friday!
Alright, let’s move on to the world of new written summaries!
1-Sentence-Summary: You’ll See It When You Believe It shows you how to discover your true, best self by revealing how to use the power of your mind to find peace with yourself, the people around you, and the universe.
Top 3 Lessons:
- For true self-improvement, focus on changing your mind instead of your outward appearance or lifestyle.
- Your thoughts are the gateway to making your biggest dreams become reality.
- Break the invisible and false boundaries you set for yourself by believing that your achievements have no limits.
If you want some inspiration to get up and work hard to reach your full potential, this book is for you.
1-Sentence-Summary: Reasons To Stay Alive shows you the dangers and difficulties surrounding mental illness, uncovers the stigma around it, and identifies how to recover from it by sharing the story of Matt Haig’s recovery after an awful panic attack and subsequent battle with depression and anxiety.
Top 3 Lessons:
- If you’re depressed, reading books to get out of your own head can help.
- There are some benefits to mental illness, which even some of the world’s greatest leaders experienced.
- Recovery won’t be as straightforward as you think, but it is possible.
If you want the motivation to improve your mental health by looking at the good in your life, this book is for you.
1-Sentence-Summary: Stamped From The Beginning will open your mind to the true origins of racism by challenging your long-held beliefs about it that have been perpetrated by racists throughout history.
Top 3 Lessons:
- Racism is hard to beat in part because of past political candidates designing their campaigns and running their administrations to appeal to racists.
- Most of the statistics around black people are incorrect.
- The idea that black people need to take on more personal responsibility is racist.
If you want to get one step closer to ending racism by learning how deeply ingrained it is in society, this book is for you.
That’s all for this week, have a great weekend and talk to you soon!
PS: The easiest way to support Four Minute Books is to try Blinkist risk-free for 7 days.
If you choose to keep your subscription, we’ll get a small commission for referring you at no extra cost to you – and you’ll get 35% off! This allows us to keep the site free to use and not have any annoying ads.
If you cancel after your trial, you’ll still have gotten access to 4,000+ book summaries and audios for 7 days for free. Not a bad deal, right?
Thank you for supporting Four Minute Books!