Heyo, Nik here with another 3 free book summaries for you!
Also, quick reminder that Blinkist’s September-only 40% off sale is still ongoing.
With a subscription to Blinkist, you can read or listen to the greatest non-fiction books anywhere, anytime. You’ll learn new skills in a fraction of the time (and cost!) it would normally take to consume all those books.
Plus, when you sign up through our link, you’ll help us keep Four Minute Books running at no extra cost to you.
And now, time to take a look at our books of the week!
1-Sentence-Summary: A Monk’s Guide To Happiness will help you find more joy in life by identifying the mental pitfalls you fall into that make it so hard to have and how to shatter the shackles of suffering to finally find inner peace.
- The first step to having more joy in life is to understand what happiness is.
- When we recognize the thinking patterns that make us unhappy, we open up the path to contentment.
- Tranquility comes from learning to be mindful, which we can practice in every experience we have throughout each day.
If you want to have more peace, this book is for you.
1-Sentence-Summary: Hold Me Tight gives you advice on how to build and sustain a deeper connection with your spouse or partner by identifying the importance that every kind of emotion has in creating a lasting relationship and how to handle each of them maturely.
- Blame is a common killer of healthy relationships, but you can beat it by becoming aware of the patterns you follow when feeling and expressing it.
- The “buttons” your partner pushes to get you angry come from past trauma, but emotional vulnerability will help you get through.
- Difficulties are inevitable and can make it hard to stay united with your spouse, but identifying the reasons a disconnect began will help.
If you want to discover what’s holding you back from having healthy relationships and learn how to fix those issues, this book is for you.
1-Sentence-Summary: Everybody Matters identifies the best way to become successful in business, help your team members trust you, and enable people to reach their full potential by showing the power of taking better care of your employees as if they were family.
- You have to truly care about your employee’s needs if you want your business to thrive.
- If you want your team members to be happy, loyal, and productive, trust them with the freedom to make their own decisions.
- Create a cultural vision to inspire your people with hope for where you’re heading in the future.
If you want to see why the most profitable and productive companies care about their employees, this book is for you.
That’s everything for now, we hope your weekend is amazing!
PS: Want to get more out of everything you read? Check out our guide!
Want summaries every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, right in your inbox? Join our real-time feed.