Sleeping In A Bath.
Cause Squinting Eyes.
Waiting For The Dead To Return.
Feeling Like You’re On The Moon.
A Hug Can Be Warmer Than A Fire.
Would you rather have a great significant other but o friends
Would you rather watch TV that’s commercial-free but doesn’t have a remote or have a remote but you have to watch all the commercials?
Would you rather work incredibly hard for yourself or have an easy job working for someone else while earning the same amount of money with each?
Would you rather not have knees or not have elbows?
Would you rather kiss a random stranger on the mouth or use a family member’s toothbrush?
Would you rather be able to take a shower whenever you want but the water pressure is always really low or take the perfect shower but only be able to do it once a month?
Would you rather spend a year on an island with someone who never stopped talking or completely alone?
via (850) The last living members of an extinct species – Jan Stejskal – YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNNqht30TDo&feature=youtu.be&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=weekly-newsletter&utm_source=TED-Ed+Subscribers&utm_campaign=ccc6f3350d-2013_09_219_19_2013_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1aaccced48-ccc6f3350d-53640709&mc_cid=ccc6f3350d&mc_eid=80f46c9d8f
Did you know…
… that today is Gold in the Yukon Day? While salmon fishing near the Klondike River in Canada’s Yukon Territory on this day in 1896, George Carmack spotted nuggets of gold in a creek bed. His lucky discovery sparked the last great gold rush in the American West.
- A new diplomatic era: Israel’s New Peace Deal Transforms the Middle East (New Yorker, $)
- Why the UAE Made Peace With Israel (Atlantic, $)
- The Israel-U.A.E. Deal and the Beirut Blast Both Box in Iran (NYT, $)
- The Corrupt Political Class That Broke Lebanon (Foreign Affairs). The blast was the symptoms, but Lebanon’s sectarian system was the sickness.
- Why the Mauritius oil spill is so serious (BBC)
- BLM goes global: ‘No Slavery in Australia’? These Pacific Islanders Tell a Different Story (NYT, $)
- Japan’s unknown indigenous cuisine (BBC)
- In hot waters: U.S., South Korea to begin scaled back military drills amid coronavirus spike (NBC)
- Applying Cold War Analogies to the US-Chinese Relationship Is a Misuse Of History—and Shows a Misunderstanding of the Present (Foreign Policy, $). How USSR talking points distort our perception of China.
- Former Deputy Mayor of Paris Accused of Sexual Abuse (NYT, $)
- Obesity Raises the Risk of Death From COVID-19 Among Men (NYT, $)
- Serum Institute of India Is Ready to Produce a Coronavirus Vaccine (Bloomberg)
- What Contact Tracing Data Is Telling Us About How COVID-19 Spreads (NPR)
- COVID-19 symptoms often appear in this order, according to a new study (CBS)
- A Coronavirus Vaccine Requires Medical Essentials Like Vials and Needles (Bloomberg)
- Clorox wipes shortage: The best disinfecting wipe alternatives (Quartz)
- In the Wake of COVID-19 Lockdowns, a Troubling Surge in Homicides (NYT, $)
अथ द्वादशोऽध्यायः- भक्तियोग
ये त्वक्षरमनिर्देश्यमव्यक्तं पर्युपासते।
ये तु सर्वाणि कर्माणि मयि सन्नयस्य मत्पराः ।
तेषामहं समुद्धर्ता मृत्युसंसारसागरात् ।
मय्येव मन आधत्स्व मयि बुद्धिं निवेशय ।
अथ चित्तं समाधातुं न शक्रोषि मयि स्थिरम् ।
अभ्यासेऽप्यसमर्थोऽसि मत्कर्मपरमो भव ।
अथैतदप्यशक्तोऽसि कर्तुं मद्योगमाश्रितः ।
श्रेयो हि ज्ञानमभ्यासाज्ज्ञानाद्धयानं विशिष्यते ।
अनपेक्षः शुचिर्दक्ष उदासीनो गतव्यथः।
यो न हृष्यति न द्वेष्टि न शोचति न काङ्क्षति।
समः शत्रौ च मित्रे च तथा मानापमानयोः।
तुल्यनिन्दास्तुतिर्मौनी सन्तुष्टो येन केनचित्।
ये तु धर्म्यामृतमिदं यथोक्तं पर्युपासते।
ॐ तत्सदिति श्रीमद्भगवद्गीतासूपनिषत्सु ब्रह्मविद्यायांयोगशास्त्रे
xenogeneic of a disease, derived from an individual of a different species
quadrumanouso f the primates other than man
illative indicating movement into or toward
accismus in rhetoric, pretending to refuse something
putto plump naked winged boy in artwork
She wore the tiara with pride. There was something that made doing anything she didn’t really want to do a bit easier when she wore it. She really didn’t care what those staring through the window were thinking as she vacuumed her apartment.
Dear Mother, ruler in the skies, listen to my humble prayer. Grant me courage so I might make the right choice. I seek this of you with true devotion, o most merciful god. Empower me with your heavenly mercy.
Gift of life of hope and bliss
Death takes in spring night
Turning A Blizzard Into Rain.
Using Lightning To Power A Light Bulb.
Dream Of Tomorrow, Live In The Now.
Contrasts Bring Concepts.
Trying To Jump To The Moon.
This very moment could be the opportunity of a life time you’re waiting for, so stop waiting.
Your big opportunity may be right where you are now. (Napoleon Hill)
Even the best of memories are only moments long.
We do not remember days, we remember moments. (Cesare Pavese)
“Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.”
– Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
Do you like anyone in this group more than a friend?
Let the group pour ice down the back of your shirt.
Never have I ever been to a professional basketball game.
The fear of cooking is known as Mageirocophobia and is a recognized phobia.
Bob Ross’s hair was naturally straight but he chose to get a perm so he could save money on haircuts when touring the US penniless in his mobile home. Bob actually hated his curly hair but kept it as it was iconic.
Because of the Electoral College, a presidential candidate can win with only 23% of the popular vote.
Did you know…
… that today is Guinness Book of World Records Day? On this day in 1955, the famous Guinness Book of World Records was first published. Today, it sells about 3.5 million copies a year in 23 languages in 100 countries. Trivia fans: The book’s story began at a shooting party in Ireland in 1951, when the managing director of Guinness Brewery, Sir Hugh Beaver, found himself in an argument about whether or not the golden plover was Europe’s fastest game bird.
Today’s Inspirational Quote:
“Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.”
— Abraham Lincoln
… demand systemic solutions.
First, we have to pay attention.
Then we need to acknowledge that a solution is possible.
And then we need to commit. To the long, persistent road to altering the status quo.
The world is forcing us to pay attention to lingering problems more urgently than ever before. Real change on issues of dignity, justice and health are long overdue
Urgent problems are too important to earn only a moment of our attention. Important projects demand that we keep showing up to make the change we seek. Showing up and showing up, at the root and at every turn, consistently working toward systemic solutions.
When we think about the problems we’ve solved as a community, this is the way it always happens. Making things better, over time, with focus. Persistent commitment doesn’t lower the urgency of the moment, it acknowledges it.
|WORD OF THE DAY|
|Examples of Logomachy in a sentence
“A logomachy might seem silly, but it’s important to get your message across.”
“We had a bit of a logomachy over what our new team slogan should be.”
Hi, it’s Nik again with 3 more free and life-changing book summaries just for you!
Do you like audiobooks? We do! It’s an extra way of learning from great books anytime, anywhere. But if you bought 300 full audiobooks, that’d take you 100 days of straight listening – and $6,000.
To speed all that up for you, we put together 300 audio recordings of our short summaries. For just $49, you’ll get 900 great lessons from the world’s best non-fiction books, available through an exclusive SoundCloud playlist and for you to download offline and take wherever you go!
And now, on to our books of the week!
1-Sentence-Summary: Own Your Everyday shows you how to let go of comparison, stress, and distractions so you can find your purpose and live a more fulfilling life by sharing inspiring lessons from the experiences of author Jordan Lee Dooley.
- Always dive deep enough to find the root of your problems if you really want to solve them.
- Let go of the pressure to perform by eliminating the habit of comparing yourself to others.
- To beat distractions, look at their future consequences with the 10-10-10 rule.
If you need some powerful lessons to motivate and inspire you, this book is for you.
1-Sentence-Summary: Resisting Happiness shows you how to get more joy in your life by exploring the roadblocks you unknowingly put in the way of it, explaining why it’s a choice, and giving specific tips to help you make the decision to be content.
- Remember to read and that money isn’t everything if you want more meaning in life.
- Learn the joy of being alone.
- Practice delaying gratification and make sure you keep good friends close to reach your full potential.
If you want to become happier, this book is for you.
1-Sentence-Summary: The Art Of The Start is your guide to beginning a company and explains everything from getting the right people on board to writing a winning business plan and building your brand.
- Your first goal as an entrepreneur must be to create meaning, not make money.
- Prepare your Milestones, Assumptions, and Tasks to have direction and purpose right from the start.
- Set yourself up for success by creating a business plan.
If you want to start a company that gets off on the right foot, this book is for you.
That’s it for this week, have a great weekend!