AVOCADO TOAST WITH SUNNY SIDE EGG
Made on whole grain toast with mashed avocado, a runny egg and a few dashes of hot sauce – 5 ingredients, 5 minutes to make, it doesn’t get better than that!
I’m not much of a breakfast person, most mornings I usually grab a cup of coffee, a hard boiled egg and a piece of fruit, or whip up a smoothie. But lately, I’ve been obsessed with avocado toast for breakfast, especially when I have avocados in my fridge that need to be used up. It’s a simple, healthy breakfast when you need something delicious and fast. I also got Tommy and Karina on board, we all love avocado toast!!
MEAL PREP TIPS FOR AVOCADO TOAST:
- To store unused ½ of avocado, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. They also sell avocado keepers (affiliate link) that claim to keep them fresher longer.
- Leave the pit in and get the wrap as close to the surface of the fruit as possible.
- If browning occurs, gently scrape the exposed flesh with a butter knife and voila, beautiful green avocado lies within!
- If you’re in a hurry, you can swap a pre-boiled egg for the sunny side up one.
AVOCADO TOAST VARIATIONS
- No Eggs – don’t like eggs, leave them out!
- Salmon – add smoked salmon for added protein.
- Poached Eggs – swap the sunny side egg for poached and top with microgreens.
- Scrambled Eggs – swap the sunny side egg for scrambled and top with some salsa.
- Hard Boiled Eggs – swap the sunny side egg for hard boiled eggs and add tomato and scallions.
- Add “Everything but the bagel” seasoning on top.
- Guacamole – Swap the avocado for guacamole (I do this when I have leftover) for a Mexican avocado toast.
- Sliced – Don’t like your avocado mashed, slice it!