Few days ago, I was nominated for the Liebster Award.
I was lethargic due to Lockdown1.0 to 4.0 in the most vulnerable category of 65+, Baby boomer, Cardiac and Diabetic issues with occasional bouts of cough. I was confined to home.
When I started blog all I had in mind was learning. Learning to write a blog, make a website, be a web publisher, become a blogger and an author.
At the core was a feeling, I must share what I learn with the needy – with no monetary expectation – as a give back to society. It would create more space in my mind, to learn more and fill my never quenching thirst for knowledge.
For years, it remained inactive, then I would reshape it, make another themes, give it a new name, register a new domain – the learning continued albeit at my own SELF Pace and that is the Key Word of my mentoring.
I wish the Mentee, Mentoree, Protege’ to learn at self-pace.
Absorb, understand, assimilate, internalise knowledge and become able to impart it to the world’s knowledge needy – FREE.
A Breakpoint – rather revival point came on 13th May 2018 and I became regular. With a vengeance to achieve my first milestone of 100,000 views from 4000 odd in 6 years I became regular blogger. Happy to say with my esteemed readers, viewers, commentators this blog will soon touch 400000 views and 1600+ followers while another with just 4 followers is touching about 300000 on its own steam – it is my 1st Blogspot blog.
WordPress team guided me along the way and I even took their Business Plan but I did not wish to monetise – No, I wanted the content. to be free. Uncopyrighted. Well… mostly.. Only a few parts I put the © mark as my copyright and that’s letss than 1% of my content.
I want to thank Alosius5 for nominating me for this award. so check out his website and leave him a comment, I am sure he will appreciate it!
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
Share 11 facts about yourself & mention 3 blog articles
Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you
Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!
Make up 11 questions to ask your nominees
Notify your 11 nominees
11 Facts About Myself
1) I am an open book and believe that I transparent- read about me on or Google please. MyAbout me page
2) I like to relax in a five-star hotel, First a Triple Sunday Ice-Cream instead of Bed-Tea and then having a long relaxing massage, a vegetarian buffet meal at the live counters eating Chef’s best recommended dishes, best restaurant, and not having to get up the next morning until very late.
But, I am an early riser. I like to wake up at 2 am, 3 am, 4 am or latest by 5 am. My body clock takes care of it, no need for alarm clock.
3) I love French Champagne (the real stuff), I also like Indian Wine Red and White both and strawberries. And I became a Teetotaller, stopped eating Non-vegetarian food since 2005 by choice.
4) I try to buy the best car I can afford but still haven’t managed to get a BMW. I drive the Maruti Suzuku Alto800 which my wife n daughter bought couple of years ago,
5) Going away to a cold climate like a hillstation in India when it is summer here (in India). I can not bear very high humidity and sweat profusely, leading to dehydration related issues so I try n stay away from Seashores.
6) One day I will get to travel around my own country. (With COVID 19, this might happen later rather than sooner with the ban on overseas travel)
7) I would love to write bestselling non-fiction books for entrepreneurs, (I have written 7 and a poetry collection) , but selling just one gives me a chill.
8) I love all in/outdoor sports and games and represented in most as Captain or player upto University level. Cricket, Hockey, Football, Table tennis and Badminton apart from Chess are my favorites.
9) My favorite pastime is attending the Video conference calls arranged by my Granddaughter (7) on an impromptu basis. I love these.
10) I had huge collection – few thousand books collected over each trip as sales person 99% and some gifts and donated all of it to schools, colleges or needy. We love to donate to the blind school here in Bangalore.
Recently, I gifted over 3000 amateur paintings I painted in water color from 2014 till March 2020 to an Eyecare charitble NGO I advise.
11) I was very fond of beer, Old Monk brand rum and later Bacardi White Rum/ Vodka. Whiskey gave me huge hangover and Single Malt was unaffordable.
Selected Blog Articles
1) I have several segments in my blog as it is mostly on shared contents like Word of the day, Quote of the Day, Did you know, Inspirational Quote of the day, Funny quote of the day, Quotes of the Week, Seasoned PNUTS quotables from PNUTs. etc.
2) I also share RANDOM – Phrases, Acts of Kindness, Phrase of the Day, Quotes from Gita and Bible.
3) I subscribe to many Newsletters and TED, TEDX shows and share their links or article links I like.
4) I write HAIKU, Poems, Quick Poetry and pubish rather irregularly.
4) I share news items, commentaries on geopolitical, political, strategic and business management topics.
Answers to Debbie Winter’s Questions
1) What is in your opinion the best SEO software currently on the market? I do not understand this. I read Neil Patel’s newsletter and try but I know I do not know the basics. So, not being blessed like million others like me, I’m happy to remain in obscurity.
2) If you could eat as much food as you wanted without ever getting full or fat, which food would you choose? What is your favourite restaurant?
I would eat lots of sprouted beans, Raw vegetables, semi boiled vegetables. All preparations of Eggs, /cheese, and Indian curries which I make or my wife makes. She has made over 1000 different dishes for me over past 40 years of marriage. She loves Pasta, and I like Pizza, and we would share a glass of wine.
3) If your pet could talk, what would it say to you?
I had a wonderful Dog. A street Puppy whom I trained with Police dogs and he could perform circus acts. He had 40 friends and me and my friends when we would go walking (all kids under 10) over 100 dogs and kids would be making noise and waking up the whole neighborhood at 4 am. I lost him in an accident.
If ever he could talk – he would simply say, I love you and wish to be back with you.
4) What is the weirdest thing you have ever seen someone do?
Oh there are many. Can’t remember one. But I do have two question segments dealing with exactly this.
5) If you had enough money that you never needed to work again, what would you do with your time?
Surf, watch TV, Network, Socialise virtually and spend more time with family.
6) Name three of your favorite songs?
I can name singers – 1. Neil Diamond 2. Kishori Amonkar, 3. Dr. Prabha Atre, 4. Sh. Bhimsen Joshi.
7) Name three of your favorite books?
Again I shall name authors, Books names are on my Goodreads page and I have a blog segment called Books to read.
Arthur Hailey, Harold Robins, Harvey Mackay, Dr. Marshall Goldsmith, Norman Vincent Peale. MunshiPrem Chand, Many in HIndi, Marathi.
8) Would you lie to your friend or spouse for a large sum of money? How much?
9) If you had $10.000 to spend on whatever you like, what would you do with the money?
Hmmm… invest in a Desktop Mac with home theatre, Very large screen TV and all the favorite music collection, films collections from the old.
10) If you would be granted one wish of any kind, what would you wish for?
Give, Give the more you Give – God replenishes hence I will ask God, Give me, Give me more so that I can give more in service of Humanity.
11) Who has been the biggest example in your life? Why?
Many. Many mentors who appeared when I was ready as Pupil and shaped me. My mother mostly, As a single parent her determination, hard work, resilience were the best learnings..
1) What do you do for work, and what would you rather be doing, if you were given the opportunity?
2) Do you read constantly or sporadically, and what is your favorite genre
3) Boring, I know, but what is your favorite television show, and why?
4) If you could be anywhere in the world rather than where you are, where would that be and why?
5) What is the most annoying thing about people you dislike?
6) How many people can you count on as ‘real’ friends, if your situation turned to the worst-case scenario?
7) If you are young, where would you like to be in, say, 30 years time, and if you are older, what is one thing you would have done differently?
8) Do you prefer to travel by car, bus, train, or airplane, and why?
9) If you could retire tomorrow, where would that be, and why?
10) Is having wealth or health more important to you?
11) and the doozie for the last question, if you have a current partner, do you think this is the ‘one’ or do you think the ‘one’ might still be out there?
(You do not need to answer this, but in my case, I have found the ‘one’ and we’ve been together nearly 45 years.)