Excerpts of my speech as Panel Chair.
I would like to kick-start the Panel Discussion on SMART Green Start ups for Sustainable Development. I shall speak about :
2 Qi – which means 1 Question 2 Quotes and 3 Ideas.
- One Question:
Can our current actions carry us to our desired future? Which is SMART Green Startups for Sustainable Development?
I would like you to recall these two quotes which have created sensation world wide as they come from the representative of the younger generation – spoken by a 17-year-old Girl at World Forums.
I would request one of the Students present to read it out for me.
2. Two Quotes:
- “You only speak of a green eternal economic growth because you are too scared of being unpopular.
You only talk about moving forward with the same bad ideas that got us into this mess, even when the only sensible thing to do is pull the emergency brake. You are not mature enough to tell it like it is. Even that burden you leave to us children. […] And if solutions within the system are so impossible to find, then maybe we should change the system itself.
- “This is all wrong. I shouldn’t be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean. Yet you all come to us young people for hope? How dare you! You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I’m one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth. How dare you! “You are failing us.” She stated. “But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal. The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us, I say: We will never forgive you. Yes. It is by a youngster called Greta Thunberg.
=3 Ideas: In the times when 90% of Start ups are failing; there is not a single Green Startup in the Top 10 Successful ones around the world:
Entrepreneurs will need Qualities that will augment SMART Green Start up Success:
- The curiosity to experiment and explore.
- The honesty to observe the world as it is, not as you wish it to be.
- The humility to kill your favorite ideas when you learn something new.
- The consistency to repeat this cycle for life.
The most effective networking strategy I’ve found has nothing to do with conferences, cocktail hours, cold emails, or any of the common ideas you hear. They were used by two young people. One already a Nobel Prize Winner and another Nominated for one.
- Make your Disability work for you.
- Speak interestingly, Boldly, Cogently, Frankly, Being Unashamed Critic of people you thing are responsible or in authority.
- Use Social Media, Digital Marketing using Ridicule as a means to create Awareness, Interest, Desire, Action from the Youth and Elders alike.
Haven’t Malala and Great Thunberg done that? Repeat those three strategies and you’ll become a magnet. Like-minded people will come to you.
In the long-run (and often in the short-run), your willpower will help us beat our environment and produce SMART GREEN START Ups.