NEWS FROM THE WEEK
PM’s three requests to citizens; Modi Govt’s New Year gift for farmers & more!
PM Modi’s three requests to citizens…
PM Modi visited and offered prayers at Sree Siddaganga Mutt in Tumakuru. Speaking to a gathering, the PM made three requests to citizens- to focus on Fundamental Duties in addition to the Rights enshrined in the Constitution, conservation of environment and spreading awareness on water conservation.
Innovate, Patent, Produce and Prosper, says PM at the Indian Science Congress
Addressing the Indian Science Congress in Bengaluru, PM Narendra Modi said four steps of – Innovate, Patent, Produce and Prosper, will lead India towards faster development. The Prime Minister exhorted the young scientists to find technological solutions for rural development.
Modi Govt’s New Year gift for farmers!
At a programme in Tumakuru, PM Narendra Modi, while reiterating Central Government’s commitment towards welfare of farmers, disbursed Rs. 12,000 crore to six crore farmers directly in their bank accounts. The PM also conferred the Krishi Karman Awards and distributed Kisan Credit Cards, which will benefit several farmers.
Government is willing to walk the extra mile with the scientific community, says PM
Addressing a programme at DRDO, PM Modi applauded India’s missile programme as one of the outstanding in the world. He appreciated Indian space programmes and air defence systems. Encouraging innovation and scientific research, PM Modi said that the Government was ready to support the scientists of the country at every step.
- FM’s New Year gift: No MDR charges on RuPay, UPI payments from Jan 1
- Mann Ki Baat: PM stresses on buying indigenous products to support local artisans
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi commends J&K initiative HIMAYAT
- Finance Minister unveils Rs 102 lakh crore of infra projects for next five years
- Year in review: Investors richer by over Rs 11 trn; Sensex zooms 14%
- CDS will help India to face challenges of modern warfare: PM Modi
- GST collections cross ₹1 trillion mark for second month in row in December
- India’s Dec factory activity picks up to 7-month high
- India capable of building everything from aircraft to aircraft carrier: PM Modi at DRDO
MUST WATCH VIDEO
1. Did you know…
… that today is $13 Dollar Bill Day?
In 1984, Christopher Ship of Santa Fe, New Mexico, was arrested when he tried to spend a $13 bill he had made.
I guess he was trying to account for inflation. 😉
2. Today’s Inspirational Quote:
“If you want to see the true measure of a man,
watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
— J.K. Rowling
3,”I buy expensive suits. They just look cheap on me.”
via Funny Quote of the Day https://ift.tt/2SQvYBP
- Provoking is 2nd Nature for a Coach/ Mentor. Here is a Thought Provoking Quote
“If youth knew; if age could.”
via Today’s Quote https://ift.tt/2H7CqO4
|WORD OF THE DAY|
|Examples of Jabberwocky in a sentence
“The silly poem she wrote to amuse her nieces was a piece of pure jabberwocky.”
“Fantasy books are full of jabberwocky and other mythical creations.”
- A funny definition change I came across today. Totally agree .
Go the day without complaining
Google ‘survey for charity’ and complete one. They receive money for every one you fill out!
Help someone academically – lend them your study notes
Be someone’s shoulder to cry on
Good servicing requires a lot of effort; tip them!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill)
It’s more dangerous to have education and lack common sense than it is to have common sense and lack education.
It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense. (Robert Green Ingersoll)
WWF: Climate Change Efforts Need “Dramatic Increase” in Response