🔵 NORTH EAST INDIA 🔵
Arunachal Pradesh Governor P B Acharya said, ” Indians know more about the US than about the Northeast”.
He made a valid point – very few of us know enough about the Northeast.
Here are some of the surprising facts about the Northeast.
1) There are eight states in Northeast: Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland.
2) There are nearly 220 languages spoken in the Northeast, It is a mix of Tibetan, South-east Asian and East Indian Cultures.
3) Northeast is the only part of India that the Mughal Empire could not conquer.
4) The Ahom Dynasty, which ruled the Northeast for 600 years, is the longest unbroken Dynasty in Indian history.
5) The world’s largest river island, the Majuli and the world’s smallest river island, Umananda both are in the Northeast.
6) Seven prominent National Parks of India are located in Northeast.
7) Shillong is considered as the Rock Capital of India.
8) Mawsynram in Meghalaya holds the Guinness World Record for being the Wettest Place on Earth.
9) Sualkuchi in Assam is one of the World’s largest weaving villages where the entire population is engaged in weaving Silk Fabrics.
10) Mugs, the Golden Silk of Assam, is not produced anywhere else in the World.
11) It is the cleanest region in India. Mawlynnong in Meghalaya is the cleanest village in entire Asia.
12) 70% of the country’s Orchids are found in Northeast.
13) Mizoram and Tripura are among the states with the highest Literacy rate in India.
14) There is no Dowry culture in entire Northeast.
Kindly spread this information to all your contacts to help develop the Northeast part of India further.