“The butterfly counts not months but moments and has time enough.”
— Rabindranath Tagore
Did you know…
… that today is the birthday of the Mardi Gras in New Orleans? The first Mardi Gras celebration in New Orleans was held in 1827. The traditional colors of Mardi Gras are purple (symbolic of justice), green (symbolic of faith) and gold (symbolic of power). Can’t make it to Mardi Gras? Celebrate by having your own party!
|“In the most dysfunctional organizations, signaling that work is being done becomes a better strategy for career advancement than actually doing work (if this describes your company, you should quit now).”
– Peter Thiel
“Any idiot can face a crisis; it’s this day-to-day living that wears you out.”
– Anton Chekhov
- Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
- Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
- Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
- Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
- Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
- But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it. ~ Buddha
When a person avoids backbiting and thinks more of the good points in others than of their bad points, and when he can practise supreme tolerance, and desires the good of others even at the cost of his own self, he is ready to receive the grace of the Master.
——- AVATAR MEHER BABA
[From:- DISCOURSES by Meher Baba. Copyright ©1967 by Adi K. Irani, King’s Rd., Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India]