an honor of this brave, brand new year I wanted to issue you a #KindnessChallenge!
We challenge you to join us in engaging in acts of kindness. Choose an idea from the list or create a challenge of your own.
The Five-Minute Favor
If you’re tight on time, a five-minute favor is the challenge for you.
- Write someone a thank you card for a time when they were kind to you
- Call your mom
- Make an introduction to two people who should know each other
The One-Hour Favor
If you have some time left over at the end of the day, doing a one-hour favor is the perfect way to boost someone else’s happiness as well as your own.
- Write five nice recommendations on LinkedIn for people you have worked with
- Make a meal for a friend or family member going through a difficult time
- Make a personalized gift basket for someone who has had a tough year
The One-Day Favor
This challenge is perfect for when you have a day off work and want to make a significant impact on someone’s life.
- Choose a cause that you feel passionate about and commit to spending the better part of a day serving it
- Use your work skills to offer free professional services to a nonprofit
- Get together with a group of friends, coworkers or family to clean up a local park
- Offer to babysit for a friend who is a single parent and rarely gets a break
- Read all of our ideas and see what we did here
I am grateful for you,
PS- What are your New Year’s resolutions? Be sure to watch my goal-setting class! I can help you make 2019 incredible.