Itís a great time to be startpreneurs in the last decade, technology has leveled the playing field and propelled an entrepreneurial revolution. As an startpreneur, you now have more access to information that enables you to make more intelligent choices more quickly. You have an advantage over big businesses in that youíre lighter, more flexible, and faster on your feet. You can target new markets more quickly, and you can turn on a dime.
It ís a great time to be an entrepreneur in the last decade, technology has leveled the playing field and propelled an entrepreneurial revolution. As an entrepreneur, you now have more access to information that enables you to make more intelligent choices more quickly. You have an advantage over big businesses in that youíre lighter, more flexible, and faster on your feet. You can target new markets more quickly, and you can turn on a dime.
But being a successful entrepreneur requires that you look at the big picture and follow a plan through from beginning to end. Rieva Lesonsky, editor-in-chief of Entrepreneur Magazine gives some practical guidelines that can help you when beginning your own enterprise:
1.Don’t Quit Your Day Job.
Consider starting your business part-time, especially if it’s online, while youíre working and have a steady income. It usually takes six months to a year to get a business going and you donít want your ability to make your house payment to hinge upon your company being an overnight success. Start with what you can manage, financially and time-wise, and scale up as your business grows.
2.Find Your Niche.
The days of general stores are over. Particularly online, consumers are looking for stores that specialize. You have to find a needósomething a specific group of people want, but canít get at the big chain storesóand fill it. Advises Lesonsky, ìYou canít compete with the big guys, so you have to find where the big guys arenít and go into your niches.î
3.Have an Online Presence.
Even if youíre not planning to start an online retail business, consider that the internet can still play a valuable role in your company. Having an online presence eliminates the limitations of physical location and broadens your customer base by, literally, millions. Itís also a great tool for promoting yourself and letting people, even in your own area, know that youíre there, and what youíre doing.
4.Refuse to Quit.
Successful entrepreneurship requires creativity, energy, and a drive to keep going when you fail. Few people realize that before Bill Gates created the extremely successful Microsoft 3.0, he created a Microsoft 1.0 and 2.0, both of which floppedóbut he kept at it. And that determination and refusal to give up is what will separate successful entrepreneurs from unsuccessful ones. Arm yourself with optimism to get beyond the #No1 or the trouble. There’s nothing wrong in failure just don’t repeat the same mistake!
Save your family some time and buy their groceries
Help someone academically – lend them your study notes
Bake something for your family/friends
We rarely listen to others – ask someone about their day
Someone wronged you? Forgive them
Make your voice count – sign a petition for a good cause
Pay for someone else’s meal today
Tell a friend about ARK/World Kindness Day
Smile at 3 people today
Let someone know how much you appreciate them
Take a Random Pick of the Motto. Think about it. Relate it to your life stage.
See meaning into it. Compare your life state and Facts with the words. Do they resonate? Is there a message there for you? Can you choose one of these Random lines as your Motto for the Rest of your life?
- Spirits guide us, spirits watch over us.
- Sword or pen, we conquer all.
- Actions bring results
- Peace, prosperity, progress.
- Hope, homeland, honor.
- Haven of peace.
- Pride and prosperity.
- In spirit and truth.
- Honor, duty, valor.
- We will persevere.
I shall bring these to you every Monday, so you can mull over and adapt if you like .
Or wait till next Monday 🙂
- Let’s talk about purpose.
- It’s a word that gets thrown around a lot, and rarely understood. What is purpose? What does it mean to have a life purpose? First of all purpose means that we are devoted to something GREATER than ourselves.
- GREATER than surviving and making money.
- GREATER than looking good to other people.
- Having a purpose means we are connected to something that will last beyond our death.
- Purpose is a force of nature for a worthy cause that makes a real difference in the world – and only we can decide what that is.
- The funny thing is – power of purpose becomes most obvious when we LOSE our PURPOSE.
- We become like ships adrift at sea, unsure of where we are going.
- Without clear purpose, we become susceptible to falling off the path.
- Without a purpose, things seem to stop mattering.
- Nihilism takes hold.
- We begin to make bad choices.
- Who cares if we eat burgers and stop meditating? Nothing matters anyway!
- Who cares if we show up 100% for our family? It’s not a big deal!
- Feel like giving up on the things we are working on? Oh well!
- These are the kind of things that we begin doing when we have lost sight of our purpose.
- And still, when we HAVE PURPOSE, we become much more resilient.
- In fact, it’s been shown that people who have a purpose can sustain much more pain.
- Purpose acts as an analgesic that helps us persevere in the face of difficulty. That’s a complex of way of saying that purpose is a pain killer.
- If we are connected to our purpose – we won’t mind putting in the extra hours of work needed to get things handled.
- If we have a purpose, we won’t be thrown off by a little argument or someone being rude to us – because we are connected to that higher purpose and the small stuff doesn’t matter.
- Knowing our purpose – and letting it inspire usf to the greatest heights of your potential.
What do you think?