- Talk the Talk Meaning: Supporting what you say, not just with words, but also through action or evidence. That’s called INTEGRITY!
Cut The Mustard Meaning: To cut the mustard is to meet a required standard, or to meet expectations.
Wouldn’t Harm a Fly Meaning: Nonviolent; someone who is mild or gentle.
A Chip on Your Shoulder Meaning: Being angry about something that happened in the past.
Drive Me Nuts Meaning: To greatly frustrate someone. To drive someone crazy, insane, bonkers, or bananas.
Jig Is Up Meaning: For a ruse or trick to be discovered; to be caught.
Dear Friends and followers,
13th May to 27th June – 6 weeks, 45 days of regular posting on WordPress gave me GFFs:) Great friends and followers who have delighted me with 16000+ views 8000+ likes 6000 Visitors and 300+ comments. What can I say – I can only express my humble GRATITUDE to you all for this.
Thank you !
‘SUFFERING’ —-A GIFT THAT GOD SHARES WITH HIS SPECIAL ONES ~~
From the time I was little, I knew that suffering, like
everything else in creation, comes from God. I noticed how much suffering my loved ones had to go through in one way or another, especially my close family. Later I would wonder why the good people I knew received more suffering, while the not-good people got away with whatever they did.
The answer came from within me that suffering must surely be a very good thing, such a good thing that God would want to share it with His special ones. I asked Father about it, and he said,
“Never question God’s love and wisdom, my child, suffering
is a passing thing given to you for your lasting benefit.”
When you belong to the Lord, He takes over all that is yours — your failures, your victories, your joys, your sorrows, to work with as He wishes. With all the Baba-lovers that we know of going through all the suffering that we hear of, it is not easy to see all the compassion that we are assured of. This unseen compassion is spoken of by His great lovers in the past, and illustrated by a Perfect Master in a simple analogy of a village potter.
You may have been among one of the groups accompanying
Eruch on a tour of Pimpalgaon Village in the old days when he took Baba-lovers around the village. One of the favorite sights was the village potter making a pot on a primitive wheel turned by hand. While the clay is whirling around on the wheel, the potter is shaping the pot by whacking it with a wooden mallet. As his right hand is visibly raining these blows on the outside of the pot, his left hand is inside the pot, unseen, silently supporting and upholding it so that it does not break.
Thus a Perfect Master illustrates God’s unseen compassion.
THE WHITE HORSE JOURNAL, vol 2.4
Myrtle Beach, SC, April 1996,
Editor and Publisher, Vicki Warner
Copyright 1996 The White Horse Journal
Photo Courtesy: Meher Nazar Publications
GOD is infinite. He is beyond the opposites of good and bad, right and wrong, virtue and vice, birth and death, pleasures and suffering. Such dual aspects do not belong to God.
The Infinite alone exists. God cannot be brought down to the domain of duality.
There is only one being in reality and it is the Universal Soul. The existence of the finite or the limited is only apparent or imaginary.
——-AVATAR MEHER BABA
[Discourses by Meher Baba, volume-I, p-34 (Copyright ©1967 by Adi K. Irani, King’s Rd., Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India]
30 John Lennon Quotes About Life And Lessons To Inspire You
Share this article:
John Lennon was a member of The Beatles band, singer, writer, and peace activist. Born in Liverpool, England in 1940, he created great music, that has become famous over the years.
Together with his friend Paul McCartney, Lennon founded The Beatles, which is one of the most famous and successful pop bands in the history of music.
Lennon left the band in 1969, and later, he released Double Fantasy, along with his wife, Yoko Ono. In 1980, he was shot dead by Mark David Chapman, one of his crazy fans.
John Lennon’s lyrics and quotes had a tremendous impact worldwide.
Even though “you may say he’s a dreamer,” he promoted love, peace, and equality his entire life. Here’s our selection of Lennon’s amazing quotes, life lessons and lyrics, that still inspire people all around the world today:
30 John Lennon Quotes About Life And Lessons To Inspire You
Life Lesson #1: Be Yourself
1. “I’m not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I’ve always been a freak. So I’ve been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I’m one of those people.” – John Lennon
2. “You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!” – John Lennon
3. “We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.” – John Lennon
4. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” – John Lennon
5. “It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love.” – John Lennon
6. “It doesn’t matter how long my hair is or what colour my skin is or whether I’m a woman or a man.” – John Lennon
7. “There’s nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be…” – John Lennon
8. “If there’s such a thing as genius — I am one. And if there isn’t, I don’t care.” – John Lennon
Life Lesson #2: Love, Forgive, Enjoy and IMAGINE.
9. “I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now? ” – John Lennon
10. “A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.” – John Lennon
11. “If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.” – John Lennon
12. “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
13. “When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” – John Lennon
14. “We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practised in broad daylight.” – John Lennon
15. “Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.” – John Lennon
16. “Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.” – John Lennon
17. “I don’t believe in killing whatever the reason!” – John Lennon
18. “Love is the greatest refreshment in life.” – John Lennon
Life Lesson #3: Accept that You Still Have a Lot to Learn
19. “The more I see the less I know for sure.” – John Lennon
20. “I don’t believe in yesterday, by the way.” – John Lennon
21. “If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliché that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that’s his problem. Love and peace are eternal.” – John Lennon
22. “I can’t wake you up. You can wake you up. I can’t cure you. You can cure you.” – John Lennon
23. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” – John Lennon
24. “You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die. Declare it. Just the same way we declare war. That is how we will have peace… we just need to declare it.” – John Lennon
25. “Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That’s what’s insane about it.” – John Lennon
26. “There is an alternative to war. It’s staying in bed and growing your hair.” – John Lennon
27. “Only by trying on other people’s clothes do we find what size we are.” – John Lennon
Life Lesson #4: Always Remember
28. “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” – John Lennon
29. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” – John Lennon
John Lennon’s beautiful sayings will remain in our hearts forever. Even though he is gone, his memory and name will never be forgotten. To conclude, let me remind you one of my favourite quotes:
30. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” – John Lennon