I sought a Feedforward from my Mentees, Friends, Peers, Ex-Bosses and Mentors about this article.
The responses have been most overwhelming, challenging and quite motivating.
1,Thank you AVM from Bengaluru for this fabulous feedforward:
First of all fantastic compilation of the areas which suits very well to what you are doing currently
Below are my rating
- Coach – 10 (Can be one of the best coaches for startups and even top companies, especially with the amount of knowledge you possess with the experiences which you have gone through in life is a great insight for a beginner)
Connector – 10 (Always have seen your eagerness to help after we put across new proposal. The efforts you take to connect with the like minded people will really amaze me always. Kudos to that)
Cheerleader(Exec, startup, Biz) – 10 (Always on A game with the business strategies)
Educator – 10 (Beautiful educator especially the way you connect through your stories. I have had some amazing memories)
Ideator – 10 (This always tops my list. The amount of new ideas you generate on the go after knowing the business is fascinating)
Librarian – 9
Superstart and Idol – 10 (Definetely a great idol and role model for startups)
Challenger – 9 (Have seen instances vey often how to challenge team to get the action done after the strategy meeting)
Teammate – 9 (I have not seen this scenario, so would not like to comment on this. I am sure you would be the best teammate)
Brand – 9 (I liked Jay brand. Surely this goes well and i hope your knowledge reaches to many more lives and impact them immensely)
Coach and Mentor – 10 (Put together all the earlier points)” End Quote.
- Thank you SS from Mumbai on WhatsApp for 9/10 rating. Have requested you to share ratings on all points so that I shall take steps to improve.
- Thank you JJ for your kind comment Quote ” Why write this yourself why not instead make it like. 11 chapters written by 11 different mentees who would focus on that one trait they found most beneficial – in that showing all facets of your mentoring abilities and skill base . Like in style of the “one minute manager”, EndQuote
- A great lady Doctor Dr.SP whose service to humanity is unparalleled wrote in all humility Quote “Thanks sir Personally i feel it is too juvenile for me to answer these questions as you are too good to inspire,stimulate, guide and mentor anyone. We are blessed to have someone of your stature to mentor us.” End Quote.
- JK wrote on WhatsApp – Quote “Very Good Sir, Its impressive” End Quote.
- YS an Ex-colleague wrote in Marathi Quote ” Khup Chhan AAhe! with Two thumbs Up !”End Quote
- VSC wrote from Delhi – Quote” Shall read it thoroughly, As you are one good writer and Very Good Motivator “End quote.
- Retd Cdr. RP from Delhi wrote Quote “Thank you Sir, Seems to be a very well thought of and detailed description of your 11 Approaches” End Quote.
- My old colleague HP from Mumbai/ Kochi wrote: Quote “I perused. The approaches theory is different. You may want to add a bit more of examples in between. I find people respond more to this. Also after going through it thrice, I find it to be too serious, a bit of humour helps. Also you could reduce the repetition of Jay in the whole content as it seems to be too repetitive especially when the paragraphs are not large. You have also ended it very abruptly. You need to phase it out saying Jay is available on ___ etc etc ” End Quote. I shared the 5 Track Thinking behind the Article and what are my plans in the near future with my Peer HP. And I was delighted when he wrote back “Wow. Now I am tongue-tied. Hats off.” Thank you so much HP for kindly reading the article and sharing your insights, and keeping the Secret !
- Dr. (Mrs)S.D. from Pune another peer and Executive Development Trainer and Coach of repute said “Sir it is written very nicely but too lengthy I think”. And I mentioned to her that this is just an Outline of the things to follow and she also agreed “WOW. Look forward to”.
- JS my ex boss and Mentor and a very Senior Consultant from UAE / Dubai/ Abu Dhabi commented: Quote” It’s good .not sure of (Approach) No. 8 though That’s something your mentees should be writing Also not sure whether you should position yourselves as small brand. Others good. You could add sounding board and philosopher too.”End Quote Thank you JS for spending your valuable time to read and share your valuable comments.
- My Senior Cousin, Ex-General from Army, Ex-VC and Health Advisor to a Reputed University in Pune said “Difficult to Comment”. After clarifying the future plans over phone, as my True Connector Mentor; he asked me to write to him on Monday and agreed to introduce to senior University experts on Entrepreneurship, Startup Cells to discuss and carry my plans forward by seeking their collaboration. He agreed to do the honours! WOW! Thank you Dada!
- Mr. BM Mumbai/ Bangalore a current President of a Pharma Co, C-Level Executive Coach and Search consultant of the yesteryears said, Quote”How about (i)using pictures (ii)to weave it into a wonderful story… to begin with?” End Quote. I was privileged to speak to him over phone for 10 minutes to give him the context and plan. His response 👍🏼 “I get the contacts better now”. So there is after all a plan and some mystery surrounding the article
- DJ from Bangalore – a friend I found via Linkedin.com and an International Insurance Expert said, Quote “Beautiful. It captures the essence of what a mentor should be.” After sharing the context and plan – his reaction – “WOW! Look forward to”. Thank you DJ for your time and comments.
- My last Pro-Bono Mentee who went on a Fast track 55 day gruelling Coaching/Mentoring drive with me sent her scorecard: Quote “The score to all questions (except 8 and 9) is 8. (about approach No. 8 can’t say for the other mentees. Approach No. 9 (rating is) 6”
- Feedforward by SS
Chief Revenue Officer / Chief Operating Officer / P&L Head- Media, Health Care, Logistics & Supply Chain and Education
“Mr Parkhe is a wonderful person. He has mentored many people (including myself) who have benefitted immensely by his guidance. Always avaialable to give superb advise when your stuck or in a dilemma. I know of many people who have achieved stupendous success in their lives and careers through Mr Parkhe’s structured and meticulous mentoring. He’s a super coach !”
“Hi sir really a wonderful write up nice narratioN”
17 By BSK
Managing Partner at Text & Print
“Jay it was intEresting reading your work and business profile we are into sportswear manufacturing specially Football.”
Global C Level Retained Executive Search| Technology & Functional Leadership Hiring | Technology Entrepreneur
“Great article and an awesome write-up.”
19 By GK
Army Veteran experienced in Telecom, Security Management, Training, Administration, Procurement & Logistics
“Great synopsis….do connect , we manufacture footwear”
20. By JRI
“Jay is what he says he is, eleven rolled into one. Man of kindness and determination. He had a bit of health problem and the way he came back and started his daily walk one should admire. Kindness I find in him and he stands by what he says to all. I find consultants reluctant to direct another to probable end user, is not the case with Jay. There is a plentifulness in this world that he is ready to share with. Good man to follow. Happy he put it in 11 challenges that others face that he can happily resolve. “
Vice President, Regional Business Unit Brakes Components, Asia-Pacific – CHINA
“Very thoughtfully evaluated and described, variety of roles a mentor has to play. Apart from most important and trustful bond between mentor and mentee, mentor also plays vital role to harness technical, functional emotional, social competence to pursue own goals with determination. This all a experienced Dhananjay can well and truly deliver !! All the best”
22. DG- DELHI
“HI Sir i read it. Difficult for me to comment. People are multi-dimensional beings. I can’t conceptualise ppl by categorising their traits.
If i have to talk about someone i will do it in story form talking about how they experience life n see the world n how different the perspective is. HAPPY TO SERVE. “
23. RS -PUNE – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – Top Law Firm and Retired DGP- ED.
“Excellent write up. Summarises your capabilities pretty well. Keep Going.”
24 By SG
Director (Skill Education) PUNE
“Simply I can see , he is the perfect idol for any entrepreneur. All roles with detailed descriptions is truly Amazing. I personally vouch for his strategic inputs on challenges, funnelling our difficulties, make to understand us on focus of business, conceptual thinking , how to break the glass ceiling , I can give more then 10 marks for each role if it is in my hands”
Most appreciated SG. You are very kind – Jay
25.Ms. MK – Mumbai
“DP Sir as we all call him has been a wonderful guide,coach and a mentor to many of us who have been fortunate to work with him.One person who is always ready to embrace change, learn and apply new things and technically updated.These 11 points are just a synopsis of a bigger personality that he is.”
26. By PSB
Chairman of a leading NGO in Karnataka wrote
Quote”Thanks for considering myself to rate your excellency….On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being maximum, i would rate yourself at 9.25 over all…The reasons for 9.25 being:1. Your are creative thinker2. Critical thinker3. Motivational personality4. creates catalyst of mentor development5. impulsive nature6. Go an extra mile to ensure team grows and achieves the goal7. Do excellent background analysis8. Resource partnerThe reasons for 0.75 being:1. May need some time to analyze Students with their past historyand maybe through some physiological tests or studies on students which will help you to analyse them better and can groom based on their strength2. There is always scope for growth and this 0.75 can help you to build that.I feel for our Trust, your mentorship is just too proficient and adroit caliber and we are blessed to have you.”End Quote
In all I received the Ratings from over 100 of my recent mentee.. i wait till 30th April to receive all Feedforward and Scorecard and begin tabulating final scores for my personal improvement and development gap analysis. Meanwhile, There are few bloggers who began following me on http://www.parkhe.com and were reciprocated on their blogs
Apart from the 250+ personal messages, Smileys, Thumbs Ups, Hi-Fives from busy friends and Mentees and the Likes on the Linkedin Page – these Ladies and Gentlemen who wrote their comments Made my day. Sometimes – even a mentor needs to re-channelise his inward focus and negative energy – OUTWARD and Re-Create one’s own Brand Magic ! Thank you all for your kindness and your valuable time. Most appreciated.